COVID-19 Update – March 16th, 2020
To All Our Patients & Visitors
With the growing concerns around COVID-19 (coronavirus), we would like to assure all our patients, visitors and staff that your safety and well-being is our top priority. We are continuing to do everything we can to provide you with a healthy and responsible environment by following the guidance of Alberta Health Services.
We also want to assure our patients that there have been no cases of illnesses related to COVID-19 reported at our clinics to date.
While we continue to monitor the situation, and with an abundance of caution, we have implemented additional measures for your safety so that we can continue to provide you with quality medical care.
- All physicians and staff follow enhanced cleaning procedures before and after seeing patients
- Each patient room is cleaned and prepped after each use
- All common areas, tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitized daily
- All patients, staff and guests are pre-screened before entering common areas
- Hand sanitizers are available in waiting areas, patient rooms and washrooms
- Those who show symptoms or have recently travelled or have been contact with those that have travelled will be asked to follow Health Link 811 guidelines for pre-assessment before entering the clinic
- New safety measures to be added as we work closely with Alberta Health Services
We also would like to kindly note:
- Due to an increase in call volumes, we encourage you to contact us via our online contact form by visiting our website.
- We are also sensitive to the needs of our staff who are caring for their families so we may be short staffed at times over the next while.
We want to thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation as we continue to monitor this situation closely.
If you have any questions or suggestion, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you and sincerely,
Your Dermatologists, Physicians
and Staff at Skin Physicians
Important & Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19
Q1. Is your Clinic open?
Yes, our clinic is open and we are accepting new appointments.
Q2. How should I prepare myself?
For your safety and the well-being of others, it is important to self-assess before interacting with others – especially before your appointment. Three key questions to ask yourself:
- Are you experiencing any symptoms (listed below)
- Have you recently travelled
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has travelled
If YES to any of the above, please contact our office to postpone your appointment.
Q3. What is COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
COVID-19 is a virus that causes respiratory illness ranging from mild cold symptoms to severe pneumonia’s. While similar to seasonal flu, COVID-19 appears to cause severe illness in a higher percentage of cases.
Q4. How does COVID-19 spread?
It spreads through person to person contact by breathing in the droplets in a sneeze or cough or by touching contaminated surfaces then touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Q5. What are common symptoms of COVID-19?
- Shortness of Breath
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
Q6. What should I do if I think I have COVID-19?
If you have COVID-19 symptoms and have travelled or were exposed to someone who has COVID-19, stay home and call Health Link 811 for instructions. Do not go to a health care facility without consulting 811 first. If you need immediate medical attention, call 911 and inform them that you may have COVID-19.
Q7. How can I prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when sick
- Frequent hand-washing
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Call 811 if you have symptoms
- Practice social distancing by staying away from crowded areas